The next couple of weeks will decide whether the Canadian women’s side will spend the better part of 2020 in a run toward the Tokyo Olympics. The 2020 CONCACAF qualifying tournament will have a dramatic impact on what kind of year we have here at the podcast, so we dedicated an episode to getting ready for it.
In this episode, we talk about:
- the recent NWSL draft
- some quick updates on Canadian players and upcoming games
- the 2020 CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament
- the tournament rosters—provisional, camp and final
- Jessica’s picks for starting XI in Canada’s games vs. St. Kitts & Nevis, Jamaica and Mexico
- our feelings
We wanted to note that CONCACAF has updated match times since we recorded this episode. The first three matches are actually scheduled for:
- CAN vs. SKN – Jan. 29 at 5:30 p.m. ET
- CAN vs. JAM – Feb. 1 at 5:30 p.m. ET
- CAN vs. MEX – Feb. 4 at 6:30p.m. ET
The entire tournament schedule is available on the CONCACAF website.
We’ll be back with our post-tournament episode on February 11.
For Kicks is a proud member of the Alberta Podcast Network powered by ATB Financial.
We’d love to hear from you! Say hi on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. Subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, SoundCloud and the CKUA app.