The next couple of weeks will decide whether the Canadian women’s side will spend the better part of 2020 in a run toward the Tokyo Olympics. The 2020 CONCACAF qualifying tournament will have a dramatic impact on what kind of year we have here at the podcast, so we dedicated an episode to getting ready for it.
In this episode, we talk about:
- the recent NWSL draft
- some quick updates on Canadian players and upcoming games
- the 2020 CONCACAF Olympic qualifying tournament
- the tournament rosters—provisional, camp and final
- Jessica’s picks for starting XI in Canada’s games vs. St. Kitts & Nevis, Jamaica and Mexico
- our feelings
We wanted to note that CONCACAF has updated match times since we recorded this episode. The first three matches are actually scheduled for:
- CAN vs. SKN – Jan. 29 at 5:30 p.m. ET
- CAN vs. JAM – Feb. 1 at 5:30 p.m. ET
- CAN vs. MEX – Feb. 4 at 6:30p.m. ET
The entire tournament schedule is available on the CONCACAF website.
We’ll be back with our post-tournament episode on February 11.