With the FIFA U17 Women’s World Cup in Jordan about to fire up and the NWSL Championship just around the corner, we find ourselves coming in to another busy season of soccer. It’s a fantastic problem to have. In this episode, we get ready for what’s to come with:
- NWSL playoff predictions
- A brief update on how the Canadians are doing abroad and in the NCAA and NWSL
- A preview of the U-17 WWC including background on how they qualified and a look at the group stage draws (update: the U17 WWC games will be aired on TSN and RDS2 in Canada)
- An interview with the truly delightful and talented Aaliyah Scott. Aaliyah helped Canada qualify for the U17 Women’s World Cup at the U17 CONCACAF Women’s Qualifying tournament that was held in March in Grenada. She also took home silver at the U15 CONCACAF Championship in Florida in August, where she scored her first international goal. Check her out on Twitter!
For more information on topics we mentioned in this episode:
- The Jordan 2016 U17 Women’s World Cup roster was announced on September 23. Check it out!
- We’ve made a new page to keep you updated on the Jordan 2016 U17 WWC schedules, group stage matches and other important information.
We also encourage any listeners who can’t make it to the NWSL Championship match in Houston but want to support the NWSL to check out the Keeper Notes Gonzo Soccer promo. You can purchase tickets that will be used by local girls who are part of the Gonzo Soccer Academy in Houston. Gonzo Soccer is a non-profit soccer, leadership and social academy that targets under-served girls in Houston (and other cities in the USA, Mexico and Colombia). There’s even a “Scarves Up” ticket offer that means you could get an NWSL Championship scarf shipped to you!
We hope you enjoy our latest podcast and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr! You can also check us out on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play and SoundCloud, and find our previous podcasts here!